(Updated on July 2021)
[The latest version of Sugar is SugarCRM 10. It has fixed bugs that existed in the previous versions. New features have also been introduced. A new dashlet is available for record views to see a list of calls, emails, meetings, and notes released to the record as well as create new interactions. The method to create a meeting remains the same in the latest version also. Read below to find out more.]
Meetings are important aspects of each process in any given business and it is necessary to have a reliable mechanism to ensure they are scheduled efficiently and attended regularly. SugarCRM caters to this requirement by enabling users to schedule meetings and send meeting invites through SugarCRM’s interface. It also provides an efficient notification system that sends pop-up alerts just before a meeting. There are several ways to create meetings in SugarCRM and we will be covering all of them in detail in this article.
1. Through the Meeting Module:
The meeting module can usually be accessed from the main menu on the toolbar. If it is not visible on the toolbar, simply click on the drop-down button next to the search bar and select “Meetings” from the list.
- Click on the “Create” soft button.
- A new window will crop-up.
- Fill the required information in the fields marked by a red asterisk.
- If you wish to send invites to the attendants, check the “Email all invitees” box.
- To set a reminder for the invitees, check “Popup” and set a time for the alert through the drop down.
- If the meeting is scheduled for some other person, you can assign it to them through the “Assigned to” option in SugarCRM.
- Add team members.
- Click “Save” if you want to save the meeting record without sending invites or click on the “Save and Send Invites” soft button and you are done.
2. Through the Calendar Module:
Another nice way to create a meeting is through the calendar module.
- Go to the “Calendar” Module.
- Select the time slot you want to schedule the meeting in.
- Click on the slot. This will open a popup window.
- Choose the “Schedule Meeting” radio button (if not selected by default).
- Enter the required fields.
- If you want to add more information, click the “Full Form” button
- You can send invites via the “Invitees” tab.
- If the meeting occurs regularly after a certain time interval, you can mark it as recurrent so that you don’t have to schedule a meeting over and over again. Just go to the “Recurrence” tab and set the frequency of the meeting with the time interval.
- Choose any of the options between “Save” and “Save and Send Invites” depending upon your preferences.
3. Through Quick Create:
The easiest way to create a record in SugarCRM is through the “Quick Create” button.
- Click on the Quick Create (+) soft button available on the top right corner of SugarCRM’s toolbar.
- Select the “Schedule Meeting” option from the list.
- Enter the required information.
- Select any of the options between “Save” and “Send and Save Invites”
- The list of all attendees can be seen under the “Scheduling” section on the same page.
4. Through An Import:
If you have already created a meeting, you can import it to your Sugar calendar. To achieve this:
- Go to the “Meetings” tab.
- Click on the drop-down soft button place next to the “Meetings” tab.
- Select the “Import Meetings” option.
- Find and select the import file using the “Choose File” button from your system. (The file extension should be .csv).
- Choose “Create new records only”.
- Hit the “Next” soft button.
- Affirm the import file properties.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Confirm the field mappings for the import.
- Click the “Import Now” button.
- It will take you to the “View Import Results” page.
- Successfully imported records will show up under the Meetings tab.
- Duplicates will appear in the “Duplicate” tab.
- The Errors tab will comprise of all records that could not be imported due to some error.
- Your imported records can also be seen in the calendar view, on your dashlets, in the list and detail Views, and in reports.
Rolustech is a SugarCRM Certified Developer & Partner Firm. We have helped more than 600 firms with various SugarCRM integrations and customization. Get in touch today for your FREE Business Analysis. We will be happy to assist you!