Implementing SugarCRM for Your Business: Here’s What You Need to Know
By Sarah Meyers
Last Modified Date
Regardless of whether you’re a startup, a small business or an established firm, the process of SugarCRM implementation can get a bit overwhelming, especially when you are doing it for the first time. After all, things were working a certain way before you thought about giving SugarCRM a try and now they are about to change completely, although for the better. There are several things that you need to know or at least be giving a thought to before implementing your new CRM system for business development.
Implementing SugarCRM for Your New Business: Yes You Can Do It Yourself
All aside, one thing is for sure, choosing SugarCRM (whichever version) is the best decision you’ve made. CRM software will solve a lot of your business problems and the need for CRM software is more than ever due to the rising competition.
In recent CRM awards, Sugar is described as a leader in four categories including Small Business CRM. (Check out this infographic on various CRM compared)
Do you know that one factor which led to SugarCRM’s unmatched success, which differentiates it from all the other CRM systems out there?
It is Sugar’s open-source service architecture which makes development on top of Sugar’s source code extremely convenient, making it most flexible and customizable for your exact needs. For this reason, a global network of SugarCRM Development Services has sprung up which helps firms like yours get the best potential out of your CRM. However, to make the most of your SugarCRM investment, you must be wise in choosing the SugarCRM Partner that provides the best SugarCRM Development services.
But for now, let’s see how you can approach Sugar implementation and how to prepare for it.
How to Prepare Yourself for SugarCRM Implementation
Before implementing a CRM system, most companies have already done their homework beforehand and then choose the best possible solution that fits their needs. But where these adopters lack is proper planning and devotion to the implementation aspect of CRM.
Planning is where most companies should spend a good amount of time and thought. Trust me, after implementing CRM solutions for more than 500 firms across the globe, this is a hard-learned piece of advice that Rolustech wants to emphasize on and guide new adopters accordingly.
Before implementing SugarCRM, your attention should be focused on asking yourself the following questions and if you can answer a majority of them, you can go ahead and start implementing SugarCRM.
How Do Your Sales Processes Work?
If you’re going to use SugarCRM for Sales, then:
- What is your present lead generation strategy?
- Through which channels are you currently marketing your product/service?
- How do you think a CRM can help make this process better?
- What is the reporting mechanism in your sales process? Can SugarCRM cater to that or would there be a need for custom modules and workflows?
- Are your Salespeople trained and willing to use a CRM?
- Are you using social media for growth or brand awareness? If yes, then what are some SugarCRM integrations/plugins that can make your job easier?
- How do you currently handle post-sales service?
How Moving Towards Sugarcrm Implementation Can Help You Improve Your Existing Processes?
- What departments at your workplace will use SugarCRM and for what?
- What are those processes that you want to automate with SugarCRM?
- Would you need integrations for Accounting and Finance platforms like QuickBooks or Xero?
- Which SugarCRM plugins would best suit your needs?
- What reporting hierarchy is to be followed? Would you need a reporting mechanism?
- What roles would be defined in SugarCRM and who will have access to which information?
Your SugarCRM Subscription Model
- Are you going with a one-time buy or considering a subscription based model? If going with a subscription-based model, would you opt for a monthly subscription or yearly?
- Have you decided between an on-premise or on-demand hosting?
- How and where will your data be backed-up?
- What will be the desired ROI of your SugarCRM? How to calculate it?
The Time It Will Take for Your SugarCRM Implementation
- How much time will the implementation take? What is the best CRM implementation methodology?
- But I am a startup. More than two weeks is a lot of time. What do I do?
- Would my existing systems get disrupted for some time? If so, how do I avoid it causing hindrances in my business?
- How many weeks should you wait for the SugarCRM implementation to get streamlined?
- Will I be facing any glitches in the future? If so, how/who should I call for help?
Confused? Anxious? Terrified?
Don’t worry one bit! This exhaustive list of questions might not be all relevant to you. Every business is different and runs in a unique manner. All of these questions might not even apply to you. But at the same time, there would be other processes in your business that SugarCRM implementation would need to focus on more.
Want Answers to All These Questions?
Here’s a catch! Yes, we can help you.
After handling hundreds of companies and dealing with their different problems and complex scenarios, we do know how to make SugarCRM implementation successful. What we also know is how SugarCRM can fit your organization like a glove, keeping in mind the scale and scope of your operations.
We have a long history of working with SugarCRM startups and have mentored many businesses like yours to get to best ROI on their SugarCRM Implementation. We’d love to talk to you! So get in touch for a FREE CRM Consultation Session.