Implementing SugarCRM for your business: Here’s what you need to know
By Sarah Meyers
Whether you’re a startup, a small business or an established firm implementing SugarCRM for the first time; the whole process can get a bit overwhelming. After all, things were working a certain way before you thought about giving SugarCRM a try and they are about to change completely-for the better though. There are several things that you need to know or at least be giving a thought to before implementing your new CRM system.
Implementing SugarCRM for your new business: Yes you can do it yourself
All aside, one thing is for sure, choosing SugarCRM (whichever version) is the best decision you’ve made. In recent CRM awards, Sugar is described as a leader in four categories including Small Business CRM. (Check out this INFOGRPHIC)
Do you know that one factor which led to SugarCRM’s unmatched success and differentiates from all the other CRM systems out there?
It is Sugar’s open-source service architecture which makes development on top of Sugar’s source code extremely convenient and makes it most flexible and customizable for your exact needs. For this reasons a global network of SugarCRM development Partners has sprung up which helps firms like yours get the best potential out of your CRM.
But for now, let’s see how you can approach Sugar implementation and how to prepare for it.
How to Prepare yourself for SugarCRM Implementation
Before implementing a CRM system most companies have already done their homework beforehand and then choose the best possible solution that fits their needs. But where these adopters lack is proper planning and devotion to implementation aspect of CRM.
Planning is where most companies should spend a good amount of time and thought. Trust me, after implementing CRM solutions for more than 500 firms across the globe, this is a hard learned piece of advice that Rolustech wants to emphasize on and guide new adopters accordingly.
Before implementing SugarCRM your attention should be focused on asking yourself the following questions and well if you can answer to majority of them, you can go ahead and start implementing SugarCRM.
How Does your Sales Processes work?
If you’re going to use SugarCRM for Sales, then:
- What is your present lead generation strategy
- Through which channels are you currently marketing your product/service?
- How do you think a CRM can help make this process better?
- What is the reporting mechanism in your sales process? Can SugarCRM cater to that or would need custom modules and workflows for it?
- Are your Salespeople trained and willing to use a CRM? Here’s what can help
- Are you using social media for growth or brand awareness? If yes, what are some integrations/ plugins that can make your job easier
- How do you currently handle post sales service?
How moving towards SugarCRM implementation can help you improve your existing processes?
- What departments at your workplace will use SugarCRM and what for?
- What are those processes that you want to automate with SugarCRM
- Would you need integrations for Accounting and Finance platforms like QuickBooks or Xero?
- Which SugarCRM plugins would best suit your needs?
- What reporting hierarchy would be followed? Would you need a reporting mechanism?
- What roles would be defined in SugarCRM and who will have access to which information?
Your SugarCRM subscription Model
- Are you going with a one-time buy or will have subscription based model? Monthly or yearly?
- Have you already decided on on-premise or on-demand hosting?
- How and where will your data be backed-up?
- What will be the ROI of your SugarCRM? How to calculate it?
The time it will take for your SugarCRM implementation
- How much time will the implementation take?
- But I am a startup? More than two weeks is a lot of time? What do I do?
- Would my existing systems get disrupted for some time? If so what do I need to avoid it?
- How many weeks should you wait before SugarCRM implementation gets streamlined?
- Will I be facing any glitches in future? If so how/who should I call for help?
Confused? Anxious? Terrified?
Don’t worry one bit! This exhaustive list of questions might not be all relevant to you. Every business is different and run differently. All of these questions might not even apply to you. But at the same time, there would be other processes at your business that SugarCRM implementation would need to focus on more.
Want answers to all these questions?
Here’s a catch! Yes we can help you.
After handling hundreds of companies and dealing with their different problems and complex scenarios we do know how to make SugarCRM implementation successful. What we also know is how SugarCRM can fit your organization like a glove keeping in mind the scale and scope of your operations.
We have a long history of working with SugarCRM startups and mentored many businesses like yours to get to best ROI on their SugarCRM Implementation. We’d love to talk to you! So?