New Enhancements to ‘Advanced Workflow’ in Sugar 7.9
By Sarah Meyers
SugarCRM provides ‘Advanced Workflow’ to its Enterprise and Ultimate edition customers. The Advanced Workflow gives users the ability to automate complex processes using a process automation engine. Through these automation’s, users can experience enhanced productivity, apply best practices and effectively manage complex processes in their Sugar.
In the latest release Sugar 7.9, SugarCRM has come up with some enhancements in the Advanced Workflows. The following are the changes being made to the Advanced Workflows.
Let’s visit these briefly:
1. New Process Triggers
There are new process triggers which are based on:
- Field changes
- Field changes from specific values
- Field changes to specific values
- Field changes from specific values to specific values
All of these apply to Start Events, Receive Message Events, Gateways and Business Rules.
2. Additional Text Field Operators
There are new text field operators added in the latest release. These include:
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Does not contain
These apply to Start Events, Receive Message Events, Gateways and Business Rules.
3. Variable Users for Record Assignment
You can now assign a process to the variable users including:
- User who created the trigger record
- User who last modified the trigger record
These apply to Add Related Record and Change Field Actions.
4. Usability Improvements
In the Module Field Evaluation Criteria Box;
- Module names are added
- Criteria pills are now movable
- You can insert criteria based on cursor
With this latest release of Advanced Workflow, SugarCRM has tried to help enterprise level businesses exploit the maximum potential of process automation’s in Sugar.