SugarCRM Success Stories: Retail
By Sarah Meyers
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software has had a profound impact on the retail industry, helping retailers to improve customer retention. CRM serves as an all encompassing platform which empowers retailers to engage with customers on a more personal level.
SugarCRM is one such CRM loved by retailers worldwide since it is affordable, scalable and highly customizable. With every retailer having unique needs, Sugar can be customized to fit the exact business requirements of every retail business. Over the past decade, we have worked with various retail enterprises and assisted them in developing the perfect CRM solution for their organization.
Let’s take a look at a few case studies:
Refractiv specializes in delivering best of breed cloud, web and mobile solutions to online businesses to drive innovation and growth. It is a Google Cloud and Education Partner which offers advice on technologies, applications and integrations with other systems for completely connected solutions.
In 2014, Refractiv approached Rolustech to develop an iPad app for a leading international fashion house based in United Kingdom that specialized in women’s clothing. The sales team needed access to the product catalogue while they were on the move, visiting different retailers. Moreover, the company had international expansion plans and envisioned foreign clients placing their orders through their mobile phones.
The app, once fully built and functional had the following salient features:
- An image library was created which users could access to seek inspiration and view all the available collection of clothes including price, size, color etc.
- Customers could shop directly through the app. After selecting the desired product, order could be placed online. Payment was done once the product was safely delivered.
- An order could be placed even if the customer had no access to the internet. Once online, the data would automatically sync and update the company’s system.
- An automated multi-currency and multi language option were integrated to facilitate the customers from different countries.
2. Audio Geer
Audio Geer, an independent manufacturer’s rep firm based in California, brings over 14 years of experience to the Professional Audio, Musical Instrument, Broadcast, Audio/Visual, Live Sound and Sound Contracting markets.
Audio Geer used to buy equipment from ten to twelve manufacturers and sell it to its clients. The employees were using excel sheets to manage all the interactions with the manufacturers and the clients and had no prior experience of using a CRM. As their client base expanded, excel sheets couldn’t handle the burgeoning operations and Audio Geer approached Rolustech for advice regarding how CRM could automate their business processes.
- Our CRM experts set up Sugar so Audio Geer could have all the relevant information about the manufacturers and the clients in a single, centralized database.
- From the client’s name to their website, from their billing address to their shipping address, every single detail could be viewed without any hassle.
- All the orders and quotes requested by a client could now be easily seen along with the details of the manufacturer from whom the equipment was bought.
- The company had set its own targets in terms of the revenue that it expected to generate from each manufacturer in a particular fiscal year. It could now evaluate its performance by comparing the revenue earned in the current and the past fiscal year.
- Documents sent to clients such as promotions and discounts could be easily viewed and stored as PDFs.
- The sales team could easily view the salesperson to whom a particular company had been assigned.
- Various payment options were included for the convenience of the clients.
- All the information such as sales history, product listings, accounts’ terms and conditions etc was made to sync with Sugar by running the ‘nightly job’ function.
Retailers need to come up with new ways to attract and retain customers. A successful CRM deployment with the right customizations and integrations will go a long way in forming extraordinary customer relationships. If you are still unsure whether you should give CRM software a shot, give us a call and we will schedule a FREE business analysis session to figure out your business needs.