Updating a default value in existing records
By Amer Wilson
To update the default value of existing records in SugarCRM, we can have only following two options:
- Method 1: By using Studio enable the “Mass Update” property of that field. In list view select multiple records and perform “Mass Update”
Note: How to add a fiels with “Mass Update”
- Go to Admin –> Studio.
- Select the Module of the field needs to be enabled for mass update.
- Select the field you want to enable Mass update.
- Check the Mass Update check-box.
- Click on Save button.
- Method 2: Write a DB script to update the value of specific field for the existing records.