To update the default value of existing records in SugarCRM, you can use one of the following two methods:
- Method 1: use Studio to enable the “Mass Update” property of that field. In list view, select multiple records and perform a “Mass Update”
Note: How to add fields with “Mass Update”
- Go to Admin –> Studio.
- Select the Module that contains the field that needs to be enabled for the mass update.
- Select the field you want to enable Mass update for.
- Check the Mass Update check-box.
- Click on the Save button.
- Method 2: Write a DB script to update the value of a specific field for the existing records.
Rolustech is a SugarCRM Certified Developer & Partner Firm. We have helped more than 600 firms with various SugarCRM Customization and Integration. Get in touch today for your FREE Business Analysis. We will be happy to assist you!