The Salesforce Winter 19 Release has been getting rave reviews over the last 2 weeks that it’s spent in the market. With new features across the board in all Salesforce Cloud platforms, the Winter 19 Release has made serious strides towards improved customizations, integrations and incorporation of the new success cloud. The focus stays on functionality with a number of additions to the Salesforce Lightning platform, as part of the eventual migration completely to this platform. Read on as we dissect all that new in Salesforce!
Salesforce has reiterated time and time again how it envisions Salesforce Lightning to eclipse Classic and cement itself as the primary Salesforce platform in the near future. This update follows up on that promise with a bundle of new features that enhance the overall Lightning Experience. There’s little or no updates coming for the Salesforce Classic, which points to the overarching company agenda at Salesforce. The modern UI of Lightning now has density settings that allow you to choose the negative space and number of fields on the screen. Similar to the Gmail interface, users now have two options to pick from “Comfy” and “Compact” to decide how much information they want on their screens. With the Winter 18 release, Salesforce users can also change owners in Leads or Custom Objects as well as share list views in any sharing mechanism they desire, similar to Salesforce Classic. Capping off these insane new additions that will make even more people migrate to Lightning are the Joined Reports functionality that lets users edit and view Joined Reports in Lightning.
Salesforce Cloud Updates
Salesforce Clouds received numerous updates across the boards.
- Email Integration: Integrate Outlook with Salesforce
- Evergreen CPQ: Quote, sell, and manage Evergreen Subscriptions
- Pardot Integration: Pardot is now in Salesforce Lightning
- Territory Forecasting: Flexibility in sales forecast
- LiveMessage: Choose how to engage with customers (SMS, Facebook Messenger, etc)
- Templates in Help Center: Give customers tools to help themselves
- Action History: Keep a check on all actions performed
- Youtube Integration: Leverage customer data from Youtube
Additions to reports that let you fetch them in real time as well as put triggered alerts based on keywords and search terms. Social Studio comes with another feature that lets users put a new Instagram filter from inside Social Studio.
- Threaded Layout: Customers now get a threaded view of their correspondences
- Process Automation for Guests: New signups incorporate Lightning Flow for guests.
- Enhanced Audience Tracking: Target customers more effectively with targeted efforts.
- Recognition Badges: Community members can now be given profile badges.
- Easily use Salesforce Einstein Analytics with a dedicated Einstein Dashboard
- Improved Storefront Reference Architecture to improve shopping experiences.
- Import new price books in real time and see the changes in storefront.
Salesforce Services Offered by Rolustech
Our Two Bits!
A number of other small feature make up the rest of the Salesforce Winter 19 Release i.e. the ability to see if the customer opened your email or not. The core updates continue to focus on Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Cloud, two of the staples of Salesforce as it heads into a bright future! (Read on our take on Salesforce and Apple joining forces!)
Rolustech is Certified Salesforce Partner and Consultant. We have helped numerous firms with Salesforce integrations and customization. You can contact us to learn more about the Salesforce Platform and how it can help your business.