Naturally, when you are migrating from another CRM or any system in general to Salesforce, you would want all your records and data to be seamlessly carried over to your new system. However, data migration is more than just moving records from one system to another. It is, in fact, a supremely challenging and time-consuming task that demands ample planning along with a good understanding of your current and future system. Poor data mapping can lead to an eventual loss of important data and critical functionality. These issues become even more troublesome when you are migrating to an already running instance that is being used by several users as opposed to a new one. Therefore, even when importing thousands of records, you have to be sure that each and every single record has fully migrated to the new system.
Salesforce Data Migration Services
In case you are migrating your data from another organization, we make sure that your business processes are not stalled and operations keep running smoothly. Our most popular Salesforce Data Migration services include:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM to Salesforce Migration
- Sugar to Salesforce migration
- SuiteCRM to Salesforce migration
- Act to Salesforce migration
- Siebel to Salesforce migration
- Vtiger to Salesforce migration
- Zoho to Salesforce migration
- NetSuite to Salesforce migration
Our Data Migration Process
We use the most effective Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) tools to make the migration of data easy and safe. We ensure that the data from the old system is mapped onto a new system such that the mapping lets you maintain data integrity and security while giving your team access to the data just like they did in the previous system.
Our Salesforce data migration process comprises of:
- Field mapping: Ensuring that the data is relayed to identical fields in the new CRM.
- Relationship mapping: Like the fields themselves, the relationships fields have with other objects are also maintained and replicated in the new system.
- Deduplication: Data deduplication is a process that eliminates redundant copies of data and reduces storage overhead. During migration, deduplication is carried out in order to make the new CRM a pleasure to work on.
- Seamless Migration: The actual migration is done using the latest ETL tools.
- Data security: Being ISO 27001 certified, our team carries out the process complying with international standards of data security
- Data integrity: Data integrity; its accuracy and consistency, is a top priority for us during the migration process.
Careful planning is essential for ensuring that the Salesforce data migration process goes without a hitch. Having served the CRM industry for over a decade, we have successfully completed more than 700 custom CRM projects for our clients worldwide. We have gained widespread recognition and respect in the CRM industry for our competency and technical mastery. As Certified Salesforce Consultants, we fully understand the complexity of the data you are trying to migrate and the limitations imposed by your source and destination CRM. We will gladly help you assess the complexity of your data and take care of all the unique data migration challenges that you might face along your Salesforce implementation journey. With our in-depth industry knowledge, profound customer experience, cutting-edge technology, and proven delivery methods, you can stay assured that your data migration process is underway in a swift, smooth and secure manner consistent with industry standards.
Q. What are important factors to consider for Salesforce Data Migration?
The factors that need to be considered during data migration may vary depending on the complexity of your source data. However, for any data set, you can avoid having to constantly go back and forth to make sure all data is imported by following the standard protocol of planning, migrating, and testing.
Q. Can I migrate data from excel sheets to Salesforce?
Yes, data can be migrated to Salesforce from Excel through Salesforce’s data loader. However, complex data requires more planning before extraction. This is why it’s recommended to get in touch with Salesforce data migration experts when you’re about to move your data.
Q. How do we ensure safe data transfer?
We use state-of-the-art ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools to ensure that the data from the old system is accurately mapped onto a new system so that the security and integrity of your data are maintained. Our team analyzes every client’s data migration needs and uses the best ETL tool for the job.
Q. What does data migration entail?
The data migration process consists of several stages:
- Analyze the current platform and new platform
- Data mapping
- Using an ETL tool to extract data from the current platform and place it in the new platform
- Testing the migrated data to ensure its security and integrity
The exact process varies from case to case. This is why our team takes time to analyze every client’s system before designing a plan of action for their data migration process.
Q. What are the best tools for data migration to Salesforce?
There are a number of great tools for migrating data to Salesforce, some of the most popular being:
- Pentaho Data Integration
- Native Import Tool
- Talend Open Data Solutions
You can get in touch with our team to figure out which tool will work best for you.
Q. What is Salesforce data migration?
Data migration refers to the process of taking all of the data on your current system, and mapping it on to the relevant fields in your Salesforce implementation so that your new system is not only fully equipped with all the necessary functionality you want to be able to perform on your data, but also the data itself.
Q. How do you plan data migration in Salesforce?
To plan the data migration process in Salesforce, determine the scope of the project, devise a data migration methodology, prepare the data and ensure data security throughout the process.
Q. How do you transfer data to Salesforce?
In order to transfer data to Salesforce, you need to extract data from an existing system and successfully map it to your Salesforce platform. The data mapping process involves identifying all existing fields, objects, and relationships in your current platform and replicating them in your new platform. When transferring data to Salesforce, it’s important to make sure that your data doesn’t get corrupt or lost.
Q. How long does it take to migrate to Salesforce?
The exact time it takes to migrate to Salesforce depends on a number of things, including:
- The complexity of your data
- The number of customizations and integrations made to your existing platform
- The size of your data set
- Your business’s unique requirements
To develop a better idea of how long will it take you to migrate to Salesforce, you can get a free estimate from Salesforce experts.
Q. Can data be migrated to Salesforce on your own?
No, data migration is a delicate and complicated process that shouldn’t be experimented with. A poorly executed migration to Salesforce can result in your data getting corrupted or lost. It’s recommended that you contact experts before you begin your data migration process.