Salesforce is one of the most prominent Cloud Computing applications out there. The cloud computing features heavily in all of the services Salesforce provides, ranging from CRM to ERP, Business Analytics, and even Mobile Application Development.
Within its CRM, Salesforce divides its services into four major clouds, namely Sales, Services, Marketing, and Commerce. Another application is the Salesforce Community Cloud where clients, vendors, and partners all come together for a shared experience.
This heavy dependency on cloud services begs the question: what are the benefits of cloud computing? And what does its future look like? Let’s find out!
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing involves the ‘outsourcing’ of computing services, such as software, data storage, servers, and much more. The outsourcing is done over the internet and users can access the data or services from anywhere in the world and through any device.
The biggest difference that the use of cloud services made to the way computing works, is that instead of users being tied to any particular device, information is kept on a globally accessible network that is always within reach. This makes the information much more accessible and frees up the processing power of devices, thus making room for a more efficient setup.
Types Of Cloud Computing
Based on what service is being provided, there are three main models of cloud computing. These services are delivered to end-users from remote hubs.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS is one of the most popular types of cloud computing, which allows users to deploy ready to use applications over the internet. The applications are not needed to be downloaded and any issues with the maintenance are managed by the service providers. These programs are easy to use and provide basic functionalities to end-users. SaaS also has the additional benefit of having the best customer service availability. The Salesforce platform’s CRM tools are an example of SaaS.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS is a more open-ended service that enables its users to allow for tailored software creation by customizing the software according to their own needs. This additional room allows users to address their short term or long term needs with changes in their platform, which can be expanded over time as business operations do. IT industries that are already well versed in deploying software tools for their use can benefit from IaaS by getting a cheaper cloud solution and building upon it themselves.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
This branch of cloud computing allows its users to customize, develop, and run applications without having to worry about the backend coding or infrastructure issues such as that of storage and memory. These backend services are provided by the original vendor, while the user enjoys the ability to use convenient features such as drag-and-drop to customize their platform.
PaaS can be further classified into public, private, or hybrid clouds, depending on where the cloud is hosted and which party manages the infrastructure. PaaS could also be open source or closed source and further, can be classified as mobile compatible or otherwise.
Salesforce Customization and Configuration Services
Why Do We Need Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the latest in the list of innovations that have revolutionized the way nearly every business and industry operates. The benefits of adopting this technology have far-reaching implications, that eventually lead to a more efficient way in which users run their business.
- Room For Flexibility: A cloud-based service entails the lack of storage and data protection issues that conventional companies have to face on their own. This leaves more time and labor to be applied towards improving business relations and optimizing the business process. To top that off, any changes in the IT structure can be done easily since the third-party responsible for this service is an expert in these issues.
- Business On-The-Go: Cloud computing enables the use of mobile applications to manage CRM platforms which allow users to address their clients’ needs from anywhere and at any time. These applications lead to greater connectivity among the members of an organization and allow room for better collaboration.
- Keeping It Secure: The security concerns when it comes to cloud-based applications are negligible. The responsibility of keeping the large amounts of sensitive company data is in a way, outsourced to the vendor who offers the cloud services. This has caused a number of cloud-based services to amp up their security measures to prevent data theft.
- Easy Data Analysis: With a cloud platform securing and managing large amounts of company data, it is reasonable to assume that this data is organized in an orderly fashion, and is viewed when companies need to review their performance and plan ahead. This data is a precious commodity in the 21st century and is used to base all future business decisions on.
- Prevent Data Loss: Not having your data tied to a physical hard drive is the ultimate way to let that data remain accessible and recoverable. System shutdowns or corrupt files do not let the data get lost since its backup is always available on the cloud.
The Bottom Line!
The advent of cloud computing has led to a new surge of innovation when it comes to streamlining business operations. Salesforce leads the crowd with its specialized cloud services each tailored according to the specific needs of clients when handling business operations. The Sales, Services, Marketing, and Commerce clouds each come with their own specifications and can also be combined to get the best out of their constituents. Rolustech can lend its Salesforce Consultation services to help you choose which Salesforce Cloud Computing solution is the best for you.
Rolustech is a Certified Salesforce Partner and Consultant. We have helped numerous firms with Salesforce Integrations and Customizations. You can Contact Us to learn more about the Salesforce Platform and how it can help your business.