Computer Telephony Integration With Customer Relationship Management
By Amer Wilson
What is CTI?
CTI refers to technology aimed at improving the productivity of human agents by connecting computers with telephone systems. It enables you to initiate and manage phone calls using your personal computer or laptop. For example, in an incoming call, CTI would display information of the caller such as contact details, call history etc.
The link between CTI and CRM
Once leads enter your sales funnel, the next step usually involves your sales team reaching out to them personally via telephone calls. Salespeople would find it extremely convenient if they could view all the contact information of leads or prospects in their CRM while conversing with them over the phone. This way, all the data can be stored in a single, centralized view and accessed with a few simple clicks. To achieve this end, you need to have a CTI system that can seamlessly integrate with your CRM.
CRM CTI Integration- Benefits
1. It saves your sales people the hassle of switching between two systems to make a simple call and enhances their productivity.
2. It lets your sales people access all the client information in Sugar to make informed calls based on all previous interactions with the client.
3. You can access analytics which provide you useful insights into your calls. For example: how many calls your users make to convert a lead, etc.
4. Calling through integrated telephony VOIP systems is much cheaper than using other telephone systems.
CTI Integration with CRM – Our expertise
Over the years, we have helped our clients keep track of all inbound and outbound calls and make informed decisions by integrating their CRM with several PBX(Private Branch Exchange) and VoIP (Voice over IP systems) including:
- Ring central
- Interactive Tel
- Who’s calling
- True Caller
- Call Source
RT Telephony- Plug and Play Solution for your CRM
Although initially developed for SugarCRM users, RT Telephony integrates equally well with other CRM systems too. So if you are using SuiteCRM, Salesforce or any other CRM for that matter, you will find RT Telephony to be the most effective plugin to make calls from inside your CRM.
Features of RT Telephony
1. Click to Call
2. Call Recording
3. Call Forwarding
4. SMS and schedules SMS
5. Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
6. Pop-up Notifications
The Bottom Line
CTI integrated with CRM empowers your salespeople and customer service agents to deliver personalized customer service. The need to toggle between multiple applications during calls, whether inbound or outbound, is completely eliminated. With rising customer expectations, salespeople and customer service reps need to up the ante by leveraging CTI CRM integration.